Buyers have become hyper-connected and empowered as a result of technological advancements. Customers expect to be able to access product information via several channels at any time and from any location, altering the traditional buying process. The channel through which a thing is discovered differs from the channel through which it is purchased.
Integration is required for marketers to have a single picture of the customer and for consumers to have a consistent brand experience due to the proliferation of marketing channels. It is proven that combining online and offline marketing has a greater impact and is more cost-effective.
Both online and offline marketing have their benefits and drawbacks. The beauty of combining the two methods of marketing is that the benefits of one cancel out the downsides of the other, giving marketers the best of both worlds.
Malaysia Branding offers some of the best packages for the branding of your online marketing. More often than not they can give you more benefits than drawbacks just like listed below.
Advantages and disadvantages of online marketing
- extensive (global) reach
- more precise targeting depending on decision-making stage/intent level
- efficient in terms of cost and time
- conversions in a flash
- intruding (people use ad blockers)
- website and advertising network technical issues
- A skilled crew is required.
- Customer attention is in high demand.
- People are easily distracted, and their attention spans are short.
- can’t reach audiences that aren’t familiar with the internet
Advantages and disadvantages of offline marketing
- a wide range of channels (TV, radio, billboards, print, direct)
- a real-life, face-to-face encounter
- accessibility to the audience
- conversion times are longer
- Issues of measurement and attribution
- Audience targeting is limited.
- restriction of time
In a nutshell, there are three techniques to integrate channels:
Maintaining a consistent appearance, feel, and message across all platforms (online and offline). If a customer sees a leaflet that invites him to visit your website or sign up for your electronic newsletter, the website or landing page should match the leaflet’s branding and language. If you have a physical location, your online presence should be an extension of that location. You may not only make your brand easily recognisable, but also inspire trust, by doing so. Design systems make it simple to maintain uniformity across all platforms.
Depending on your goals, direct people from one media to another. Promote your next session on your social media networks and use pay-per-click advertising to encourage customers to visit your ecommerce website.
To achieve your goals through integration, employ the same keywords in print ads and online paid advertising.